Pages

Subscribe:

Menu

Blogroll

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lean on Me - Review

leanonme


MY REVIEW: This book takes on the issue of teen pregnancy and how it can be taken care of with out just having an abortion. I liked the way the author had Bri handle her "bad" situation. I loved this book! It was so well written, I felt every emotion Bri did. It just hit home with me for some reason, maybe because my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 4 years now and this poor 16 year old girl is pressured to have sex one time and she gets pregnant. It just reminds me that God works in His own timing. So the way Bri handled her situation was awesome and I hope that if any young girls who read this book will have enough courage to stand up and take it like woman like Bri does, and if they don't think they can do that then just always remember that giving the child up for adoption is very much an option! So that people like me and my husband who can't have a baby can take care of and love someones child who wasn't "wanted"!!! Well done Candy Crum! I loved this book!

Synopsis:
DISCLAIMER: Though this is a YA novel, it still contains violence, language, and other situations some may not be comfortable with.

Lean on Me by Candy Crum

When sixteen year old Briana Grace discovers that she’s pregnant after only having sex one time with her emotionally and physically abusive boyfriend, Mike Rhodes, her life begins to twist and turn upside down. She discovers who truly loves her and who she can really trust.
Her boyfriend turns on her and nearly kills her when she won’t agree to an abortion. Bri has to fight for her life and that of her little girl. She struggles to learn how to turn her life around and rise above all the bad after the world turns against her when more and more people learn of her pregnancy.
No matter what, there’s one friend that she can count on through thick and thin. He has been her best friend since childhood and they’ve never seen anything more from their friendship… Until now. She must learn to trust her heart again so she can see the bright future with the one who’s been there all along.

1 comments:

ETowns said...

Wow! I think I need to read this book now. My daughter is a teenager and although this is not her experience, some of the people around her are having similar life turns. We’ve talked about it, and prayed for them - yet, this book may enlighten me to have more meaningful dialogue with my child; and maybe she’ll read it and relate better with her peers.

Post a Comment